Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Alfredson denies shooting puck at Niedermayer

Just a few minutes ago, Pierre Maguire on NBC had a short interview with Ottawa Senators' captain Daniel Alfredson, you know-the gutless puke that shot the puck at the Ducks' Scott Niedermayer at the end of the second period in game 4 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Pierre Maguire asked Alfredson straight on if he shot the puck at Niedermayer and of course Alfredson denied it, but we all know he was lying. Even after the interview ex-NHL All-Star Brett Hull said that Alfredson was lying.

I had a lot of respect for Alfredson but after seeing that classless shit he did to Niedermayer and then sucker punches Travis Moen, I have no more respect for him. If you haven't seen Alfredson's chicken-shit classless move, watch it on the YouTube video below.



I guess what gets me the most is that Alfredson didn't get a penalty for shooting the puck at Niedermayer or for throwing a sucker punch at Moen right in front of a linesman. What's with that? Is it because he's known for his scoring and not physical play? Probably. Trust me, as I said in my last post, if that was Brad May or Shawn Thornton or Chris Neil shooting the puck at someone or throwing a sucker punch, then they would have been given a penalty, maybe a major and maybe even the game. But no, not for Alfredson. Is that special treatment? Yes it is. And it's bullshit!

The only other time I remember seeing someone shoot the puck at someone was in a game (I think it was a playoff game) between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. Then, Flyers' defenseman Luke Richardson shot the puck at Penguins' defenseman Bob Boughner and it looked to hit Boughner near the collarbone/neck area. Boughner wasn't hurt, but he was pissed and a big scrum ensued. I believe Richardson got a penalty for that too.

1 comment:

iggysfan said...

LMAO, I love how you've worded your take on it all ;)
Thank you for the comment you left on my site, and for stopping by and taking a read, I appreciate that.

Great blog, can't wait till mine starts looking like it's not so new lol.

Iggysfan :)