Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jarkko Ruutu bites Andrew Peters

As if the NHL needed more bullshit, with Sydney Crosby instigating fights now to one player biting another. Ottawa Senators' gutless agitator Jarkko Ruutu bit Sabres' enforcer Andrew Peters last night. Funny how just Peters got a penalty for it too. Watch the video below.



From NationalPost.com, some comments from Andrew Peters about the incident:

"It's a pretty stupid thing to do, regardless of who you are, it's just not part of the game of hockey," said Peters, whose thumb was cut.

"I've never had anyone bite me before, I didn't know that happened. The refs didn't see it. That's unfortunate. I saw a replay of it and it's pretty evident that he did bite me and I have a lot of confidence that the league will take the proper procedures and go about it the right way. I'm not going to say anything that's going to get me in any trouble. Like I said, I'm going to let the league deal with it."


Comments from Ruutu:

For his part, Ruutu denied biting Peters.

"He had his finger in my mouth, but I didn't bite him," Ruutu said.


Ruutu is the reason there should be no instigator rule. If there wasn't we wouldn't be doing this shit, because then he would get his ass handed to him every night. He's just a sad pathetic excuse of a hockey player.

No comments: